Saturday, July 23, 2011

From London Part 2

16-21 June
After 2 days in London, Eric n me ventured into a factory outlet mall in Bichester. It was kinda of funny as we pronounce the name wrongly. "Bi-Chester" was wat we read but nono. It should read "Bister". We were embarrassed when we heard the announcement on the train ride there. I guess many Americans might have pronounce that as well.

We did lots of shopping. I bought 2 Burberry working shirt and 2 Fred Perry Polo. Dirt cheap. Well, I mean if you compare to Singapore, it is definitely cheaper. Eric bought a lot too. It was a fun experience travelling to Bichester. I would love to go again if I travel to London in the future.

On the following day, we travelled to Stonehenge in Salibury. Wow! It was really a big wow for me. First, its more of a countryside. Vast open greenery with strong chilling winds. We took the stonehenge bus. I love the ride. It was amazing. The rocks were so magnificent when it appear right before my eyes. I cant believe I am in UK!! haha. Thanks to Amazing Race that I realise Stonehenge was in UK.

On the same nite, we went to Beatles famous street, Abbey Street in London. That was the place where they shot their album photo. Many imitated the Beatles crossing the street. Eric and I walked across too, just to have a feeling of what the beatles did 30 years ago. We were even captured in a shot from CCTV nearby! Eric screenshot it and we had a copy. It was so fun!

On the second last day, we went to Greenwich where Greenwich Prime Meridian was. In case you were wondering wat is tat, most Geography students should know. That is the imaginary line that separate the world into east and west. At that location, it is 0 longitude. It has been my dream to travel there since my secondary school days. I mean I have always been thinking of the place when I was a teenager. Dream fulfilled! We took photos climbed the hill before reaching royal observatory. Many were snapping photos away. Well, we did the same!

Then we watched our final musical before home. MamaMia. Lovely. It was similar to the one I watch on movies. Well, the movie adapted the story from musical. Of cos, in the movies they have got better scenery and more cast. But this is equally good. Though the set is simple but it was kinda of nice to hear Abba song. Dancing Queen, Mamamia, Money! It was hilarious and I really laugh all my way! I dun mind to watch it again! hahha...

On the final day before home, we went to a museum in London. Not British Museum but World Museum. Interesting. Then did a last min shopping at Oxford Street. The trip ended with a 13 hour flight from Heathrow. Thanks to Eric, I got to enjoy the comfort of waiting a flight in a lounge. Had some drinks and muffins before boarding.

Oh yes, I stayed in a B&B in london this time. Well, it is pretty expensive to stay in a hotel in London. So we opted for a B&B. Cheaper and very accessible. It is near to Paddington station. The owner is helpful. The breakfast was really the English Breakfast, Sausage, Bacon and Egg. lol. I had the same thing for a few days. If I were to travel to London, I will stay in B&B since it is as good as a 3 star hotel.

Bye London, Liverpool and Edinburgh! I am already missing the place...

No comments: