Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Okinawa - Japan Virgin Trip

Surprisingly, I have been to many places in Asia except the land of rising sun - Japan. This is the first time I am on a work trip to Japan. Not Tokyo but the southern prefecture of Okinawa. Not many heard about the place except for the movie shot here 恋战冲绳。

Well, it was a last minute work trip. I was informed by my boss in less than one week before the trip. I was just back from vacation in UK and before I could settle down back home, I am flying off again. It was quite fun yet challenging this round. We set off on a Monday early flight two weeks ago on 11 July.

Since we do not have a direct flight from Singapore to Okinawa, we need to do a transit either in HK or Taipei. Our airline was HK Airlines. It's one of the latest airline to fly into Singapore. We were upgraded to Business Class and even get to enjoy the lounge facilities before taking off.

It was a first time for me to enjoy business class facilities and privileges. Never in my life have I been on a business class seat. Very spacious and personalise service. The first leg from Singapore to HK was alrite, the second late from HK to Okinawa is the best. The latter was on a bigger plane so the services was much much better. It was an eye opener for me.

We had a day in HK due to transit. Nothing much, I get to stay in Sha Tin for the first time too. I wouldnt stay there if I was on a holiday. Very out of the city, quiet neighbourhood. The only good thing is, it is near a river and you could go for an early jog if you wake up early.

After all the main trip is still Okinawa. On our arrival in Okinawa, we were greeted by officials. Very warm welcoming of Okianwans. It was first to Konsai Street, where our hotel is. It is at the heart of Naha City. Lots of food, shops and 24 hours eateries. A nice place to begin on ur trip in Okinawa.

Had traditional okinawan style delicacies. Fatty pork!!! haha. Yep, it was yummy! However, like any other part of Japan, things are pretty expensive. Oh yes, the weather is much warmer too. Met a friend who happen to work there. He showed me around late nite. Very interesting. Had Ramen and Ice Cream. lol. Jap Style.

The next day was on island trip. We went snorkeling, diving and swimming. It was really fun except the weather. It was fine initially but rain as the day progresses. No choice but to proceed with the activities. I snorkelled for the second time after my trip to Phi Phi Island. So cool!!! Nice fishes and even live corals!!! I was so excited!!! However, I wasnt tanned cos there was no sunshine at all.

The next day was a day trip round Okinawa. Air bases, Aquarium, scenic points etc. It was a very hot day. If the sun was as strong on the previous day, I would have got a nice tan. lol. We dropped by Ashibana outlet mall where I purchase my first Coach bag. lol. It was a cheap deal, only S$260. I checked out the prices in HK, it was S$360. haha. If you ask me in SG, I think even more expensive. I seldom purchase branded stuff in SG.

It was World Heritage site on the last day. Then it was back home. I met my friend on the last nite before home. I was brought to this Japanese food store that serves Yakitori. Yummy! Talking about food, we had Teppanyaki, Shabu Shabu. I also tasted traditional Japanese made alcohol. wow! I love it!

I am thinking of another visit to Okinawa again in the future. My friend asked if I was keen to visit him. I could stay at his place. Hmmm, I can consider going next year if he is still working there. :P I love Okinawa!

No comments: